Sunday, June 29, 2014

6/18 - Day 5

Dear Dick,

I'm on vacation. I had really meant to be in touch sooner but it has proven exceedingly difficult to find a stagecoach out of town to carry my letters. Or so that is how it has seemed here as I've been trying to connect to the world.

I mean to say, today is the first day I've been able to fully enjoy myself here in Brazil. It is my fourth day here but the logistics have not worked out, not the least because it's proving difficult to get a working phone or reliable internet.

Today is the first day in which I have been able to reliably connect to the internet. And as a bonus, I got my phone to work with a Brazilian SIM card. Now I can boast email and phone communication!

We're off to Manaus for a day and then we'll be heading out to the Amazon forest for a three day/two night stay. Bill and Charlie went down to Rio so it is just Neal and me. The group gets back together again on the 21st.

No comments:

Post a Comment